Tuesday, April 10, 2012

This n That

Avery and I had to make a stop at the craft store yesterday and I came across the cutest dress pattern for girls and I couldnt resist getting it!  http://www.simplicity.com/p-5098-childs-dresses.aspx  I want to make all 6 dresses for Avery!  They're just too cute, and Avery has.... I think just 1 dress, and its very plain and second hand.  Yeah, she's not much of a girly girl. I guess I shouldnt say SHE isnt a girly girl, its that her mommy puts her in all pants because its cold.  Summer will probably bring more dresses and skirts, hence the pattern for dresses! :) 

Now to decide which one to make first, they are all so cute!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
So, as always, i'm struggling with time management.  I'm finding it so difficult to balance my time between housework, time with the kids, time working on my tutu stuff, and everything between- meals, errands, preschool, appts, activities for the kids, etc. etc. etc.  I just cant seem to find a rhythm, and its driving me crazy.  I like consistency. I like routine. I'm like the kids, I like predictability.
Yesterday, the only time I sat down was when I was eating, driving, playing with Jadon, or folding laundry.  By 4:30pm, I was totally beat. At that point, I had baked potatoes in the oven cooking, the kids were occupied, so I sat on the couch, set my phone alarm for 10 minutes, and shut my eyes.
Something has to change.  I need to find a way to organize my time better.  I need to spend more time with my kids. I need to spend more time on myself and my business, and I need to spend more time with my husband. I think the house gets enough of my attention, it just needs to be orchestrated better.

When I was cleaning my upstairs bathrooms yesterday, I was thinking that maybe i'm going about cleaning my house all wrong.  I've got a weekly checklist on my fridge, nothing too difficult, and I recently modified it to make it even more manageable.  Still, i'm struggling to get things done.  I've been trying to tackle at least one thing every day during Averys nap. Averys nap is now quite short. Its only about an hour, and in that hour, I have to do that chore, as well as spend my one-on-one time with Jadon. If she goes down for nap late, which often happens on preschool days since lunchtime ends up being late, therefore setting the whole day back, time with Jadon sometimes gets cut short.  I do NOT let Averys nap go past a certain time, otherwise she will not sleep that night. 
So when I was cleaning, I was thinking that maybe I should just be taking 1 day a week and tackling ALL the house cleaning on that day, then I have the rest of the week to focus on the kids, the errands, tutu's, etc.  It sounds alot better in my head, but is it really do-able?  I dont know, I think I might try it for a couple weeks to see if it works any better.  Couldnt be worse than what i'm already doing.  Sounds much less chaotic in my head!  If I wasnt doing tutu's, I wouldn't be having this issue at all.  However, I am enjoying having something extracurricular to do!  And I like making things. And sewing things.

Thoughts or ideas anyone??? Also, how often do you clean?  Bathrooms? Dusting? Mopping? Clean showers? etc.  Do you have a schedule or routine you follow?  Id love to hear!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
There was a show on HGTV a couple weeks ago called "Clean Freaks".... and it was ALLLLLLLL about ORGANIZING!!!!!!!!  I made Derek record it for me. I have to be able to sit and watch it when I have nothing distracting me so I can get lots of great ideas for organizing.  I may even watch it with a pen and paper so I can write things down! ;)  I'm very very very excited to watch it, since, you know, I love organizing, and the show is all about it!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
After 6 weeks of break, we started exercise class again last night.  I'm feeling it this morning!  Its sooooo hard going back, and its so easy to see why people never start exercising in the first place!  But, once there, it felt good.  Tough, but good.

No comments: