Sunday, April 22, 2012

Spring :)

Spring is finally here!  At least for a few days! Its so nice to finally see some green growing on the trees again, and some color in yards again.  Its nice to hear lawn mowers, and smell the fresh cut grass.  To know that the promise of summer is getting close.  I love the longer days, getting to cook dinner and eat dinner with our blinds open and sun shining into our windows, and have it be light enough afterwards that we can take a walk or play outside for awhile. The fresh air. The warmth. The overall good mood that the sunshine seems to bring to almost everyone. Theres not much about spring and summer that I don't like!  There's plenty about winter that I don't like.

With spring, comes kindergarten registration for fall. We got Jadon's kindergarten registration packet in the mail, and in a week we have orientation where we get to go meet his teacher, see his classroom and school, and sign up!  I cant believe it!  Didn't we just sign him up for his first year of preschool last week???  My little man, my firstborn, is getting ready to head off to elementary school.
Preschool has been really good for him. He's made friends who absolutely adore him,  learned to write, learned numbers and he can count to 30 by himself, knows his ABC's (but he's known those for quite awhile, you may recall a video I posted on here before Avery was born when he was saying his ABC's?), he recognizes all his letters- upper and lower- and knows all the letter sounds, he is even doing a little bit of reading now, and we recently found out that he has reading groups at preschool.
His first year of preschool, he grew in leaps and bounds socially, and this year he's grown so much mentally, and he is very eager to learn now.  Yes, i'm 100% certain that preschool was the right choice for Jadon. 

On a different note, Jadon started counseling yesterday. His anxiety over his health and his seperation anxiety is not improving, sometimes it seems worse, and we want to get it taken care of before kindergarten.  And, he's only 5, we want him to be able to enjoy life without having to worry so much. :(  Luckily we were able to get him right in to get started, and next weekend will continue, and I imagine we'll be continuing each weekend until he is doing better.  Thankfully our insurance covers an unlimited number of visits, so as many as he needs will be covered, whether its 10 or 1000.... after our deductible that is. 

I did a little spring shoppin' for myself the other day... afterall, i've shed a few more pounds since last years shorts season.  I'm happy to announce that i'm in a size 8 now, and even fit into a 6 in one pair of capris so of course I bought that pair!!!!  Hip hip horray!!!!! :D

Derek ordered us a new dishwasher yesterday.  Ours is 8 years old afterall, but its starting to fall apart inside, and rather than spend $300 to replace the parts inside and have it die on us in a year, we just decided to spend $500 and get a new one that will be QUIET.  So, we wont get it for 2 weeks, but i'm a tad bit excited!  I've hated our dishwasher since day one.  Its incredibly loud, and i'm not exaggerating.  We cant run it and watch tv at the same time.  So, we always try to run it when we go to bed so we dont have to hear it, but alot of times we forget to run it when we go to bed.

No comments: