Thursday, December 8, 2011

Acapella

Derek informed me today that I have turned him on to acapella music. This makes me happy because I am a sucker for good acapella groups! Perhaps its because I was in an acapella choir in high school? Actually, i'm pretty sure that is where I found a love for music! The human voice is incredible and can do amazing things that you would never think were coming from a voice!

So we've been watching The Sing Off for the last 3 years since it started. If you've never watched it, you need to! The season is over now so you'll have to wait until next fall when it starts again. Anyways, its a competition for acapella groups. Nothing like American Idol, which I got so sick of. The annoying drama from the judges who have no idea what they are talking about, the annoying drama they show from the contestants.... it just became too much for me so I quit watching a couple years ago. Thats why i like The Sing Off. Theres no annoying drama. The judges know music very well, and its just singing! I love it! The only downside is the host, who drives me nuts.

So today Derek sent me a message from work, telling me to go to the link he posted and click on a specific song. It was an acapella group, and these guys are amazing! So now i'm sharing it with you! Click here. Then go to song #7- The 12 days of christmas. Turn up your speakers loud so you can really hear it! Actually you could click on any of the songs, but #7 is really fun. Jadon loves it, he starts laughing. :) Hope you enjoy as much as we do!

No comments: