I've already got a fridge door full of Jadon's artwork from preschool! I found a picture on Pinterest (yes, my FAVORITE new site) of this: http://pinterest.com/pin/54982230/ And decided it was a fantastic way to showcase the kids artwork! I want to display their stuff proudly so that all can see it so they will know how much I love it, and how proud I am! So, I bought two 6 feet boards, had Derek cut them in half, spray painted them and added the hooks. Added a couple hangers to the back for hanging, and presto! A stylish way to show off their art! Our staircase has long been in need of something to fill the walls, but since the walls are two stories high, I've been at a loss for what to put there without it looking odd. Here is the finished results!
I've become quite the DIY enthusiast! I've also refound my interest in clothes and shopping for them. I say "refound" because I used to love clothes and shopping, but then when you gain weight it loses its fun. Now that i've lost weight and dropped 2 sizes, i've found my love for clothes again! :)
Its that time of year when the holiday bazaars and craft fairs start popping up. I'm contemplating doing 2, but arguing with myself whether I can do those, and still keep Sunnypatch stocked, and still have plenty of time for the kids, the husband, the house, the blog, etc. I'd like to do both, but we'll see!
Next week starts picking up a busy schedule. I'm going to start an exersize class on mon/wed evenings! This is good, because then i will have more time for the kids during the day.
The following week, Jadon starts swimming on tues/thurs nights, and Avery on friday mornings. Also Avery's birthday is in just a few weeks! We arent planning a big party. She's only 2, she wont remember. I'm thinking that we'll do "big" parties for milestone birthdays- 1, 5, 10, 13, 16, etc. So Jadon's next birthday I'm planning on it being a big one, since my little guy will be turning 5! I'm excited for him, but sad at the same time. They grow up so fast.
This weekend we will be purchasing and planting a new tree in the backyard. The tree we currently have in the backyard is beginning to take over the yard, as well as the 3 neighboring yards. The tree was never meant to stay there forever because I knew it would grow into too full of a tree for that tiny space. I really wanted a tree there, however, so that we'd have a little shade in the backyard in the summer, and that tree fullfilled that purpose for us. But this year it grew like mad! So now I need to find a good tree that will grow tall enough for some shade, but wont become full.
And now i'm done with lunch, and I can hear Avery getting into something in the garage so I better go see what the damage is!
1 comment:
That is so neat--Proud of you (and pininterest)
Post a Comment