Monday, August 8, 2011

Sorry

I didn't realize it had been so long since my last post!  I knew it had been a few days, but i didnt realize that it had been almost 2 weeks!  Yikes!

I've not really been in the mood to blog lately, actually, social networking in general is kindof annoying me lately.  Plus, now that we've finally had some decent weather and time, Derek and I have been trying to get some projects around the house done that we were wanting to do this summer.  Also, we recieved a flyer the other day that our neighborhood is having a garage sale in a few weeks, so we have been getting a few things together for that! 
We ended up taking the railing down on our front porch.   It was filthy dirty, and no amount of pressure washing or soap or magic eraser would remove the grim, so, instead of having to repaint it all, we decided to take it down.  So now we just have the beams.  It really opens up the porch!  It feels much bigger!  And, its much easier to sweep!
So, I spent the weekend doing some painting around the exteiror of the house, including the beams. 

Our next project will be a big one, and we are planning on starting that very soon!  We (Derek) will be laying a cement sidewalk on the side of our house where right now we have river rock.  This will make things a little easier for us, and will look nicer... cleaner. 

Next week, Derek and I will celebrate our 8th wedding anniversary!  Hard to believe its been 8 years already, but its been a wonderful 8 years! 
Last week we went golfing together.  It was the first time i'd played at a "real" course, and I had more fun than I thought i would. Plus it was nice to get away from the kids for a few hours! We only played the first 9 holes, but it was enough to wear me out.  The good news- we didnt lose any balls! 

This past friday I took the kids and some beautiful hydrangeas from our yard to the cemetary where my dad is buried.  Jadon was asking me questions that I have no idea how to answer in a way that a 4 year old would understand. Plus, he usually starts zoning out when you're trying to explain things to him that dont really interest him.

After that, we went to a park.  I've been trying new parks around Corvallis when we are there so we dont get bored with the same parks over and over.  Jadon made a friend.  Of course, he's so social now!  He proceeded to ask the boy out of no where if he'd ever been to taco bell.  The boy answered yes, and asked if Jadon had.  Jadon said no, but we go to arby's.  It was really amusing listening to him having a conversation with another kid. 

After the park we went and got a treat at Yogurt Extreme... mmmmm.... yummy!  Its my new favorite place!  Not only is it oooooh so tasty, its also good for you!  Of course, I splurged and let Jadon pick some of his toppings... so he ended up with less healthy things on his- m&m's, chocolate chips, skittles, sprinkles, etc.  He did want blueberries on it though, so that was a healthy option! ;)

And finally- i've noticed lately that i'm beginning to look like the hunchback of notre dame.  My posture is terrible.  I slouch soooo badly when I'm standing and even worse when i'm sitting!  Its a very unattractive habit!  So, i've been trying to really stand up straighter.  It feels weird, but i've got to put an end to this before my back permanantly has a humpback if it already hasnt!

No comments: