Monday, July 18, 2011

Summer??? What's summer?

Summer apparently does not exist in the great northwest this year.  We had a whole week a week ago where it was nice and sunny, and in the 70's and low 80's... that was our summer.   We are back to clouds, rain, colder, and even fog!  And yes, I am complaining and whining!  You'd complain and whine too if the only 3 months out of the year that you get to see sunshine was instead filled with more clouds and rain!

Yesterday evening we were driving home and Jadon said "what's that smoke over there?"  Someone was using their fireplace.  IN JULY FOR PETE'S SAKE!!!  I mean seriously, it can't get much worse than this in July!  The weathermen have seriously screwed with us too.  Last week they predicted it to be partly to mostly sunny and 70's for temps.  They were completely wrong, and it has since changed to rain.  Of course.  Yesterday they were predicting that today, Monday, would be our nice day for the week- a lonely sunny 80+degree day smashed between 2 days of rain.  Last night when I went to bed, the weather widget on my computer was still saying that today was going to be sunny and 80 degrees.....woke up this morning to clouds, and the weather is now supposed to be thunderstorms. 

I read a blog of a girl who lives in Vancouver, WA, and they are having the same weather as us, and this is what she said (she puts it into words much better than I do!):
I wonder how much longer we are all going to be able to take this. It's getting pretty darn rough. Earlier this week we were told that the weather was going to be sunny and mid 70's today. It was a lie. I think it's just a conspiracy now to keep people from jumping off bridges and moving away. Luckily we knew that we could look forward to tomorrow's sunny 80 degree forecast. Wait. They've changed that too. More rain. Hopefully next weekend will be better... I mean really, it can't get much worse than pouring rain, roaring wind and pea soup thick fog. In July. And yes, I *did* just knock on wood after typing that!

I especially like the part where she said that the weathermen are just teasing us with promises of sunshine to keep people from moving away and jumping off bridges.  SO TRUE! 

Its also pretty sad that I can write an entire post based only on the crappy "summer" weather that we are having!  I feel like we are running out of time for summer!  Everyone in Oregon knows that once September hits, the rain starts coming back again... July and August are typically our most reliable summer months.

If I sound like i'm starting to go a little nuts, its probably because I am!  I was hoping to put my jeans and sweaters away for a couple months and give them a break. 

Dont get me wrong, i'm extremely glad its not in the 100's here like elsewhere in the country.... i'd even be happy with just 70 and sunny... but the raaaaaaain is really getting OLD!!!

Any guesses what the forecast for wednesday, thursday and friday is????  Sunny and 70's.  Anyone wanna bet that it will change????  OH!  And the funny thing is that the weather seems to be mocking me now!  As if on cue, it just started raining!

No comments: