We are concluding a very busy last few months, and it feels good! Since April things have been really busy here.... as Derek said yesterday- its too busy and doesnt fit his lifestyle! :)
On Sunday we had the honor of watching Derek's baby sister get married....it was a beautiful wedding at Postlewaits Country Weddings. The setting could not have been any more gorgeous! Everything was carefully landscaped, complete with a waterfall and bridge, sunflowers dancing in the background, and a view of snow covered Mt. Hood in the distance. It was breathtaking!
The bride herself was also breathtaking!
Derek and I had back stage passes for the event.... Derek was a groomsman, and I was Maid of Honor, which truly was an honor for me! And it was probably the first and last wedding that i'll be in where wasnt a candle lighter!
Jadon got to sit in the front row aisle seat, and after the ceremony when the bride and groom were announced and walking back down the aisle to the song "Another one bites the dust," Jadon jumped up and started dancing! This was just the beginning of his wild night! (Pictures to follow soon!)
During the reception, he was tearin' up the dance floor! He had alot of fun dancing the night away.... he was even dancing with the ladies!
There were lots of little kids for him to play with, and he easily makes friends now with EVERYone. One thing that I love about him! He doesnt care who someone is or what they look like, he'll befriend them immediately! I hope this is a character quality that he keeps through his life.
We just started a new session of swimming lessons last night for Jadon..... it didnt go well. They dropped him back into level 1. Why? Because he wont do his dunks. He says it scares him to put his face in the water because he thinks he's going to sink. But, when he was in level 1 several months ago, he did his dunks just fine. But since he's been in level 2, they havent pushed him to complete his dunks, so he realized he can get away with barely sticking his face in and they count it. Last night that finally backfired on him though.
Its frustrating to Derek and I since we are paying for it, and we mentioned to each other last night that he might do better in a private lesson. Something i might have to look into. I think its important for him to learn how to swim. I took swimming lessons off and on as a kid, and I know how to keep myself alive in the water if I needed to, but one thing that has always bothered me is that I have to plug my nose to go under water. I hope that with consistent lessons both he and Avery will learn to swim for safety reasons, and so they will have more fun in the water.
No comments:
Post a Comment