I'm pretty sure I have the most boring blog EVER. I have nothing important or deep to talk about... the best I can come up with is detailed stories of our illnesses! Sorry! If anyone actually reads it, then thank you! ;)
I cancelled Avery from soccer. Why? Well, because we have to get a heat pump so that we can survive the summer in the house. If we dont have a/c, then the house has gotten up to 84 degrees before, and that was on the bottom floor, so imagine the top floor where our beds are! In the last few years, we've had a window unit in our office that has kept the house at a reasonable temperature, however freezing in the office. Now that we no longer have an "office" (remember, Avery moved to the office), we have no where to keep the window a/c unit. Therefore, we are investing in a heatpump! So, in an effort to save some money for that, I cancelled Avery's soccer. It was really chaotic anyways, and she's so young. She'll be fine if we start her out when she's older like we did with Jadon. Besides, she is really excelling in swimming!
And speaking of swimming, Avery started a new session of swimming. But, instead of being in Waterbabies, she is now in Waterkids, which is for ages 18-36 months. I'm so glad she's moved up now! We had our first class on tuesday, and its more fast paced than Waterbabies, and the parents really get into it alot more, and she gets to learn some more things, rather than just continuing with the same things she's already learned. She did really well on her first day! She seems to really love swimming, and I mean this seriously. She seems to love going underwater and swimming, which is so strange to me!
Jadon started his level 2 swimming lessons on monday. Hasn't gone so well. He still isnt fond of dunking his head under water, and so now he has been only doing half dunks, which isnt going to cut it in level 2. In order to get to level 2, he had to do 10 FULL dunks (head completely under water), and he did such a great job, I was so proud of him! But now he has a new teacher, (who he keeps saying he's nervous about.) She doesnt push him quite as much as the last teacher. In other words, she doesnt correct his dunks when he only does them up to his eyes, instead she tells him good job, or whatever. This is great! Encouragement is ALWAYS important, especially with Jadon, however, if he's not being corrected, he will totally take advantage of that. So, i'm frustrated, and not sure exactly what to tell him. I told him that even though he is in level 2 now, he still has to do his dunks all the way.
Anyways, time to put the kids to bed!
No comments:
Post a Comment