Sunday, June 14, 2009

Housework

We had a good weekend... well, one that I consider to be a good one... I dont know how Derek felt about it. ;) Saturday I spent the day painting Jadon and the baby's room. I still have one wall to put a second coat on, and then the top 2 inches of the walls right under the ceiling. It turned out fantastic! Even better than I had hoped it would! I did a taupe color because it needed to be something that would work for both boy and girl since Jadon will be sharing a room with his sister. I LOVE the color, and in my opinion it makes the room look bigger. I told Derek it looks like an expensive color... like one you'd find in a model home or something. I am absolutely thrilled with it! Once I get the room completely done, i'll post pictures.

Anyways, so all day saturday I spent the day painting while Derek watched Jadon and made meals. It was really weird and nice to have the meals made already, rather than being the one making it! Needless to say, by the end of the day I was exhausted! I woke up today with every muscle in my body sore, and my shoulder has been killing me. I also felt crampy, so I'm pretty sure I overdid it with the mad painting! The baby was also not moving much at all that I could feel, and between that and the cramping, I was feeling pretty worried. Thank the Lord for that doppler!!! I have checked on her several times today to make sure she's still in there ticking away. I think I may keep the doppler around until I deliver because on days like today, it is really reassuring to have and to hear the little heart beating away.
So I did take a break between paint coats, and when I did that, Derek installed what he called a "poor mans sprinkler system." Just sprinklers hooked to hoses in a line, and hooked up to a timer. Our front yard is so difficult to water... it takes a long time because its long and narrow on the side, and then the front is too big to reach all areas. Plus, most of the time we turn it on and then forget about it until a couple hours later. So, hopefully this will save us a little on our water bill! It's not very pretty looking, but a sprinkler system is not in our budget right now, nor is it a high priority. For now, it works.
So, today I took it easy for the most part. Tonight after dinner the boys were in the backyard golfing, so I took some pictures. We also took another belly shot since its been 2 weeks since the last one (i'm trying to do it every 2 weeks to see the progression.) To me it looks like my belly shrank from the last picture, but Derek said it was because of the shirt I was wearing in the last picture. So, here's some pictures for you...some from today, some from a few days ago: By the way, does anyone else hate uploading pictures to Blogger?? I always end up having to rearrange the whole post after inserting pictures... very annoying and time consuming!


Jadon golfing tonight

After dinner being a ham for the camera

Another ham picture after dinner
Peeping Tom

Sleeping soundly in his bed

23weeks, 5 days belly shot

No comments: