Friday, April 10, 2009

Update

Sorry, I would have let you know how my appointment went sooner, but ended up getting a migraine Wednesday night, and all day Thursday and was confined to the couch all day thursday. Still have a bit of a headache, but its much better than yesterday, and i'm hoping that by tonight it will be gone, or at least mostly gone.

Anyways, my appointment went fine, and like all the other times, my worrying was for nothing. However, that still doesnt keep me from worrying.

So we heard the heartbeat again, and the rate was in the 150's again.... nice and strong. As I mentioned in my previous post, i was concerned that I didnt seem to be showing or my pants getting any tighter. She felt my uterus and it was measuring right where it should be, so even though I am not growing, my insides are. I did lose some weight in the first trimester, so that is most likely why my pants dont feel any tighter. She also told me that its not a bad thing that i'm not showing yet.... meaning, just enjoy it now, because it wont be long before i'm huge and uncomfortable.

So, I got to stop my progesterone suppositories a week ago, however now I get to start progesterone shots in 2 weeks. The shots are a higher dose of the hormone progesterone, and are meant to help prevent preterm labor. I have to do these once a week from weeks 16-36, and I have to do them because Jadon was born premature. Whatever it takes though!

I go back to the doctor again in 4 weeks, i'll be 18 weeks then, and after that at around 20 weeks i'll have my big ultrasound... which of course i'm already nervous for. I dont care if its a boy or a girl, i just worry that i'll go in and they'll find something fatally wrong with the baby. I'm so glad I didnt have these fears when I was pregnant with Jadon.

1 comment:

I'm going to be a Ropp! said...

You might be worried, but we're all thrilled! I'm glad to hear it went well!!