Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Derek's Grandpa

We just got word yesterday that Derek's grandpa isn't doing well, so sometime in the next couple of days we will be making a trip up to Washington to see him. Please keep the family in your prayers.

It will be Jadon's first "trip"...i'm just sorry its not under different circumstances. I'm also a little worried about Jadon sleeping away from home... the last week we've been going through sleep issues with him again. One night he didn't go to sleep until after 11pm.... and several nights he's woken up hungry. Last night he woke up at 1:15am hungry, so I brought him downstairs for a snack in the dark. He ate crackers for a half hour!! Finally went back to bed at 2:30am. Then woke up again around 6:30am scared. I went in his bedroom to get him, and the first thing he said to me was "hairpane" in a pathetic little voice. I think he must've had a scary dream about an airplane or something.... at that point I just brought him to bed with us. Then he slept until 9:15am!

These weeks where he wakes up alot are always difficult weeks for Derek and I as we aren't having consistent sleep patterns, and our sleep is always broken, and usually for me that means getting a headache or migraine. I'm beginning to wonder if this is the reason why God didn't want us to have another baby yet... He probably thought that we would lose our minds from having a newborn up all night, and a toddler who doesn't want to sleep too!!

No comments: