I follow several blogs other than our friends/family blogs. I found a website awhile back for people who have had miscarriages or pregnancy losses and at this website, people post their blogs for other people to read. The topic of all of these blogs is the same: overcoming grief after having been through a miscarriage/stillbirth. So i found several that i have bookmarked of amazing christian women who are going through the grief of losses, and i follow them almost every day. Its nice to read the way these women are feeling each day, whether they are feeling great one day, and crappy the next day.... its nice to know that what i am feeling is normal, because i feel that sometimes i am misunderstood.
Anyways, on one particular blog, this lady was talking about all that she was thankful for this thanksgiving. She had lost a baby boy at 19 weeks of pregnancy earlier in this year. Anyways, one thing that she wrote was just perfect to how i feel but could never think of how to word it. Heres what she said.... actually she didnt write these words, she actually read them from somewhere else, but still, this was typed in her blog:
“I think the important element is to recognize that we don't give thanks for the circumstances themselves directly, but give thanks for how they bring us to a place of emptiness that allows us to be more filled by Him. We give thanks for HIM being glorified and being sufficient THROUGH pain and suffering. So somehow, we don't elevate the ‘things’ to a position of ‘gifts’ from His hand, but we recognize that things that rob us, allow Him to restore us. Things that empty us, allow Him to fill us, things that knock us on our faces, allow us to be carried by Him, things that tear us down, allow us to be built up by Him. So we don't give thanks for the things in and of themselves, but for how they provide opportunity for us to truly be filled and blessed by the The Great Physician. We don't give thanks for the ailment, but we give thanks that He heals, He restores, He is making all things new and perfect in His glorious way and timing. And He is all we need.”
I just think that is so wonderful! Perfectly put, and so true! But its also a hard pill to swallow sometimes! After my miscarriages, and especially after my most recent one, I have a totally different look at life. I find that I am asking the Lord for more help in healing and dealing with this. Its been a very rough and bumpy road, and im sure its going to be a long one, and one that I'm sure I will never forget. I just hope that I can someday use my unfortunate "experience" to help other women who are going through a similar situation.
1 comment:
You are an amazing woman! You are so strong, yet so compassionate and gentle. You are beautiful, loving and a wonderful mother. Also, you are God fearing, and that brings me just as much joy. I love you more everyday.
Forever your husband,
Derek
Post a Comment