Saturday, September 13, 2008

Random

Derek and I do the Blockbuster movie rental thing for $4 a month. We get to watch two movies of our choice every month, and they mail one to us, we watch it, then mail it back, and then they send us the next movie. Two movies a month is plenty for us, plus its so nice to not have to go anywhere to get a movie!
But anyways, a couple nights ago, we watched Meet The Robinsons (another Disney movie). I remember seeing previews for it when I was pregnant with Jadon, and they always made me laugh. So we finally got to see it, and I was a little worried that it wouldnt end up being that great, but it turned out to be a really good movie! It ended on a "feel good" note, and I always like that! Anyways, 2 enthusiastic thumbs up to that movie!

On a different note, I'm trying to decide if I want to enroll Jadon in swimming again, or if I want to do something different. He is 18 months old today, and there are a couple things in the Albany Parks and Recreation activity guide that he can do now. He could do a music class, but im afraid it would end up being all girls in the class. Theres also a Lil' Kickers (soccer) program for 18-24 month olds..... I thought about doing that... its on saturdays, so Derek could do it with us as well, however its $100 for just 10 sessions. Swimming is $50 for 10 sessions. So, i'm not sure what to do....I have to decide fast though because classes start in a week!! Yikes!!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

There is also Corvallis Indoor Park or I think Albany has one too. Ours has a preview day this coming thursday and Friday from 10-12 if you want to check it out. If you e-mail Paul I could tell you more about it.
Alisa

Ryan & Jen said...

Alicia,

As a former Lil Kickers employee, I would say go ahead and skip Lil Kickers until he's about 3 - 4. The programs they have for the little kids are an absolute waste of time/money. You can get the same results by having Derek practice his kicking in the backyard. My vote is to stick with the swimming, or pretty much anything except Lil Kickers.

-Ryan

Autie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Autie said...

How do you edit your own comment?! Ignore the previous "comment deleted by author" thing.

Glad you still get to have some "movie nights". Yay!

... as for votes on classes.. I vote for the music class. It *might* be full of girls... but I think music is a good idea for his age group. Its supposed to stimulate at that age. But, I also think continuing the swimming thing might be fun too! Whatever you decide... its cool that Albany has such a proactive parks & recreation program AND that you take advantage of it.

BTW: thanks for the sweet card, and the awesome gesture. We loved the comic strip! Thanks for passing it on to us. So true!