Thursday, September 18, 2008

Lord, Have Mercy!!!

So the last few days i've tried shortening Jadon's nap to see if it will help him go down at night better. Here's how its gone so far.

Monday, I shortened his nap to an hour and a half. (He has been known to take 3 hour naps during the day). That night he went down very well, without a complaint!

Tuesday, again I tried an hour and a half nap. Didnt go as well that night... he would not go to sleep until late again. Grrrrr!

Wednesday... so after the night before, I thought ok, i'll shorten the nap another 15 minutes. So one hour and 15 minute nap. Last night didnt go well again. He would not go to sleep when we put him to bed.... was screaming like he was dying or something, it was horrible. I was so frustrated that at 9:30pm I decided I needed to clean the refrigerator. Cleaning always gives me a sense of control and helps me think through my frustrations. So I pulled out all the food, all the shelves and washed everything down by hand and dried it. Finally about 10:30pm Derek got Jadon to sleep. (He woke up again at 1am, and thats another problem we will be working on after we get this going to bed thing solved.)

So, today, Thursday, I am going to try a half hour nap and see if that makes any bit of difference. Or we could just keep him up until at least 10pm every night! He's like the energizer bunny at night, I swear!! Hopefully mommy wont lose her mind with this short nap!

But, at least I have a clean refrigerator now! :)

2 comments:

I'm going to be a Ropp! said...

I'm sorry you're having such a tough time with him sleeping, maybe he's just a night owl, but I'm sure he'll get adjusted.

As for your fridge! WOW girl! It looks so nice...want to come do buddy's? I know what you mean about having control when you clean, lucky for bud I clean when I'm mad....I don't know if he's fully caught on yet hehe.

Autie said...

haha, glad the refrigerator got some benefit out of the night.

Sorry it is going so hard. Glad Derek got him to sleep in the meantime... Thank goodness for 2-parent households right!?

What time do you normally try to get Jadon to sleep?