Friday, June 12, 2020

Avery

Sheesh, now I understand why I quit blogging! I never know what to blog about, and time passes so quickly. Even though we are in a very slow pace of life, I still feel busy. I've been painting one of the classrooms as church, trying to make it into a funner, more inviting place that the kids will be proud to bring their friends to.

Anyways, this post is about my girl.
I think Avery was a kindergartner when I last wrote about her. She will now be entering 5th grade! I'm not sure how that happened so fast! I remember her last day of preschool, I was so emotional. I was 8 months pregnant, and I couldn't believe my baby girl was already done with preschool. Then a few months later, off to kindergarten she went. And I balled my eyes out for most of the morning. That whole week was difficult for me. She was my little side kick. Luckily, I had infant Carter to distract me.

Back when she was little, we used to call her our comic relief. She was so easygoing and funny. She still makes the best faces sometimes though. She has since mellowed out. She's now a shy, quiet, sweet girl, with a serious stubborn side! She's our Avery sandwich, the quiet, loving child smashed between two extremely loud and crazy brothers. She will befriend anyone that is willing to give her a chance. She is quick to hug everyone. She has a style that's all her own. She loves to shop and she LOVES to craft. Her room is a disaster almost all the time, with craft stuff and clothes lying all over the floor. She will spend an entire Saturday in her room, refusing to clean it. She really loves the dollar store and Hobby Lobby. She loves to read too.

She's quite smart. She's in the TAG program in math. But she excels in all her other subjects as well. Her teachers all love her and have nothing but good to say about her. We are never surprised at her conferences.The kids at school all think she is a very nice, sweet friend.

She tried gymnastics for a year, but its not her thing. She tried indoor soccer for a season, but that was definitely not her thing. Then she tried swim team, and THAT was her thing. She loves the water, so much! Shes comfortable in the water. She becomes a fish. I love to watch her in the pool! We are so proud of her for stepping out of her comfort zone and doing some swim meets! She loves to do the breast stroke, but most of all she loves to be a dolphin and spend her time under water.

She also wants to be a teacher. Specifically a preschool teacher. She dreams about her classroom. And sometimes she plays school with Carter, though not much lately since Carters driving her nuts.

She doesn't like to be told what to do though. She gets very angry at us when we ask her to do anything. I think thats why she wants to be a teacher, so she can be the boss. ;)

She is still a picky eater, but I think she's learned over the years that she has to eat her veggies, its not optional, so she doesn't sit at the table for hours now refusing to eat them.

I don't have much to say about her, she's been the easy child. I really hope that as she enters into teenage-hood that she will continue to be the easy child. My fingers are crossed!!!!! ;)

No comments: