Ive been meaning to post for a long time, but usually when I have a free chance to do so, i'm either napping/resting, or trying to do something with the kids before i fall asleep! I decided this week I really need to make a stronger effort to do so though since baby boy will be here any day!
We are good! Avery just finished up 2 weeks of Safety Town. She loved it! She was in a group with 3 of her good friends from Preschool. I enjoyed the 2 hours every morning spent with Jadon. Because it was in Corvallis, we didn't want to drive all the way home, so we just hung out in Corvallis for the 2 hours each day. One of the preschool friends has a brother who is in Jadon's grade at school, so we did things with them a few of the days and with the other moms. Other days we grocery shopped and went for coffee together. I rarely ever get time alone with him, so it was nice to get that opportunity before baby comes.
The last week of June was spent with the kids and Derek at VBS. Derek helped out with Jadon's group. This was Avery's first year to get to go, now that she will be a kindergartener! Of course she loved it! Who doesn't love VBS? And plus, almost all of her preschool class was at that as well!
Baby is good! He measures perfectly for where he should. My OB thinks he will be bigger than Avery, but thats not saying a whole lot since she was not incredibly huge- 7lbs 9oz. Plus, its just a guess really. No one can tell exactly how big he'll be until he is here.
I'm feeling nothing. Very few braxton hicks. The only thing is my hips and groin feel like they are splitting apart, but thats been happening for weeks now. Sometime between 36 and 37 weeks, he dropped. I can totally tell because I have to pee constantly. And I am not having the miserable indigestion at night that I had been having now that my stomach has a little more room.
I was reading back in my blog in the last few weeks of pregnancy with Avery. It sounds almost identical to this one!
So, my OB is gone all next week. However, she is not comfortable with my 1 hour labor with Avery, and wants me to be induced. So monday the 27th when she gets back, if I haven't already delivered, she will check me. If the conditions are favorable, she wants me to be induced the next day. For awhile I was completely against being induced. But now, i'm thinking its probably best. She said Derek is a computer guy, he doesn't need to be worrying about delivering a baby. She probably would have suggested we induce sooner, however my OB will be gone.
And i'll tell you why I think its best to be induced. Yesterday when I was reading my blog about my delivery with Avery, I realized my contractions cannot be used to gauge when I need to go in. The entire day before Avery was born, i'd had extremely irregular contractions. They ranged up to 20 minutes or more apart, and they were not "unbearable" and they even quit in the afternoon for awhile. By the time I went to bed that night, they were more uncomfortable, but I was only having 2 an hour....... that is, until I woke up to my water breaking. As soon as my water broke, the contractions were suddenly 5 minutes apart exactly, and incredibly painful. Avery was born an hour later.
Since we don't know what this labor will be like, we just have to assume it could be just like it was with Avery. Which makes me nervous that we wouldn't get to the hospital in time.
So now, i'm actually HOPING I make it to the 27th so we can induce the 28th. Right now, i'm 38 weeks and 3 days. Only a week and a half to go!
We finally decided on a name! It was a name that was on my list....for years actually. Since before we knew Avery was a girl. Derek settled for it a week or so ago since he couldn't come up with anything else that he liked and I liked. I was surprised he picked that name because I always assumed it was one that he wouldn't like. I'm happy. I think it goes well with Jadon and Avery's names.
No comments:
Post a Comment