Sunday, August 10, 2014

Date night


I had the honor and privilege of going on a date with my favorite little girl last night.
 She is such a good fit for our family. She's our comic relief, and our little love bug. I'm so thankful and blessed to be mommy to this little sweetie!

She's been looking forward to a date with mommy for a long time. During the school year we have more time together when Jadon's in school, but its usually spent running errands or doing daily tasks. Last night was just for us. I asked her what she wanted to do, and she said she "wanted to go get some drinks." She was talking about going for smoothies, so the initial plan was to go to Jamba Juice. But then when we got in the car I asked her again and she said again "well I thought we'd get some drinks and then food." We had just eaten dinner, so I suggested we not go out to eat, so she decided on Yogurt Extreme.
She got raspberry yogurt, and loaded it with 3 different kinds of sprinkles, sour gummy worms, circus animal cookies, those jelly ball things, and pretty much any candy. Basically she had as much candy as she did yogurt. It looked...... well to me it looked gross. Like a belly ache waiting to happen. Even the guy working there mentioned how "yummy" it looked as he had watched her pile on the candy.
Let me tell you, that girl can really put away her sugar! She ate her entire bowl of yogurt and candy!
And after that she wanted to go to the park, so I took her to the park where she met a 7 year old girl and played hide and seek with her, as well as spun on the tire swing together.
After the park she said she wanted to go to two more places, but didn't know where and wanted to drive around looking. Well, it was getting late and I wasn't going to drive around looking for something to do, so we decided to go to Home Depot and I let her pick out a few plants for another flower bed in the works. She loved the idea of being able to pick out whatever plants she wanted. I steered her towards perennials so that they would come back every year and I told her everytime we'd look at the plants we'd remember our date together. We have a couple super hot days in the forecast, so she and I will be planting them after it cools a bit. I think she picked well. She picked a hydrangea (my favorite, cant go wrong with hydrangeas!) and a couple others that I don't remember the names off the top of my head.
Starting her love of gardening early on :)

I enjoyed my time with my precious little girl. I'm so blessed to have her.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

What a cute idea! I love that she got to pick what you guys did! That yogurt does sound like a belly ache:)