I hate cleaning the bathrooms. I do it once a week (or try to....the kids bathroom sometimes more) but it seems like once a week is every day. Once a week happens so fast. And I hate cleaning them! Why? Because it takes too long. Because of getting everything set up. Because I have to wear gloves. Because I'm down on my hands and knees on the floor. The only good part about cleaning the bathrooms is the end when they are clean and I can breath a sigh of relief because I have a week of not having to deal with them anymore. But then it seems I blink and its time to clean them again. Ugh.
So last night I was trying to think of ways I could cut corners or shorten the time it takes me to clean them. I'm pretty anal about how they are done, because its the bathroom! Bathrooms are gross. We poop, we pee, we bath our dirty bodies, we brush our dirty teeth, we wash our dirty hands in them. So i'm a little anal about how things get cleaned in the bathroom. Don't want to risk any cross contamination, and want to make sure all the germs are wiped up properly.
So to clean both bathrooms from top to bottom, showers included, takes me well over an hour.
What. A. Pain.
Now you can understand why I want to figure out how to cut some corners. So I googled how to clean a bathroom quickly. And I found some pretty useless information. I also found a video on youtube.
It is wrong on so many levels! Its a 3 minute video, so please take the time to watch and be amazingly grossed out! HERE!
One persons comment to the video was that you can't clean a bathroom in less time it takes you to take a dump.
Not only does she use plain water to "clean" some things, she uses her bare hands in the (dirty) toilet to squeeze the toilet brush, then goes and without washing her hands she starts wiping the counter area. And what about all the crap she put in the shower??? And she didn't even clean the shower! So gross. Not to mention, that bathroom was already clean, there was nothing on the counter and nothing in shower to move first. No towels or bath mats. And what in the heck is a johnny mop?!? Whats wrong with a normal toilet scrub brush? After a week, my bathrooms, especially the kids, are much dirtier than that. Is that how motels clean their bathrooms???? That scares me, from now on when I'm at a motel i'm taking my own container of disinfecting wipes and i'll be using every single one to wipe the entire room.
Totally disgusting! Were you as grossed out as me?
In case you hadn't caught on, this video bothers me to no end, i'm disgusted and appalled by it and I hope you all do a better job of cleaning your bathrooms.... at least before I visit you! ;)
1 comment:
What? Plain water? It accomplishes NOTHING! I am all for the "all natural cleaners" where appropriate, but in my bathroom I will use the strongest-germ killing anything. Bathrooms are dirty, and I feel the exact same way you do about cleaning them!
Post a Comment