Busy summer already round these parts!
Already i've sewed 2 grocery bags from this tutorial- http://www.sew4home.com/projects/storage-solutions/make-your-own-grocery-bags - love them by the way! So much better than those cheap ones the stores sell! Much more durable!
I also converted 2 pairs of Avery's old jeans that she outgrew in length but not waist into skirts following this tutorial- http://www.allaboutyou.com/craft/make-clothes/sew-girls-denim-skirt - They turned out so cute, and since she has such a small waist, I made them a bit longer than the tutorial suggested, that way we will have plenty of growing room, both in length and waist!
I also went through ALL of the kids schoolwork and artwork for the last 3 years.... said goodbye to alot.... kept some.... and the best part is I organized them into neat, tidy bins to use for all their schoolwork through 12th grade! I found this idea from this blog: http://iheartorganizing.blogspot.com/2010/11/school-paperwork-storage.html- I heart that blog! :)
I also just finished painting Jadon's bedroom!
I've got several more projects in the works, as well as tulle all over the loveseat waiting to be made into tutu's for Sunnypatch. Everytime I turn around I find something new I want to do!
We've only taken 1 trip to the pool to swim so far, which is less than I was hoping to do. This is the last year we can take advantage of "toddler time" at the pool because its for kids 6 and under.
We took a day trip to Wildlife Safari and we all rode the camel. They have an elephant car wash too that we really wanted to do, but sadly it was closed that day. I guess they wanted to give the elephants a break.
Today we got 7 lbs of fresh blueberries, and i'm pretty sure Jadon already at a lb. That kid LOVES blueberries! He couldnt wait to get home to eat them.
I have been off of that horrible Topamax for almost a week now! My fuzzy brain feels sooooo much better, and i'm not super tired constantly like I was when on the Topamax. Aside from headaches and migraines, I feel terrific being off of it!!!! I had no idea it was making me feel so crappy.
I have only been on my new medication, a calcium channel breaker for less than a week. I haven't had any side effects from it, but I'm still waiting to see if it helps my migraines. Just feeling better physically has my spirits lifted though!
Jadon's bed broke unfortunately, so we are planning on making him a new bed... not sure WHEN we will find the time to, but i'm super excited! I love a good project ;) We will follow this tutorial: http://ana-white.com/2011/04/plans/hailey-storage-bed-twin and since his bookshelf is garbage, I was planning to make him this: http://ana-white.com/2012/03/plans/4-cubby-bookshelf-or-nightstand (another website that I heart!)
It seems that the convertible crips are not as fantastic as we thought they would be. Avery's bed works great as a crib and toddler bed, but once we converted to a full size bed, it doesnt work so well. The headboard and footboard do not work. Its as if they added it as a full just as an afterthought without thinking it through. I love her bed though, so Derek found a way to hook the headboard up to the frame. Maybe if Jadon's bed is successful, we will make her a new one that will include her headboard and footboard.
No comments:
Post a Comment