We are all moved and the house is no longer our house. We closed thursday the 25th. The last couple weeks have been incredibly stressful and rough for me, emotionally. Apparently I was quite emotionally attached to my first house, and I knew I was, but I didn't realize just how much until it came time to actually start moving.
So our realtor has a rental house, and she's been working tirelessly most of the summer to try to get it back up to par after the previous tenants destroyed it. She said we could move in there. Even though it is small (998sqft), only has 1 bathroom, Avery's room is about 7x7ft, and the kitchen is much smaller than what I had before! Unfortunately, we've had a lot of things go wrong since being here. Things like the faucet in the bathroom leaking and draining slowly, and the toilet suddenly started leaking out the bottom at the floor, a lot. Luckily, Brenda gets it taken care of pronto, and we ended up with a brand new faucet and a brand new toilet! My dryer wont hook up to the outlet in the garage either, so Derek had to buy a special cable, and I should have my dryer hooked up tonight.
I'll admit that I felt really depressed last week. It was a hard pill to swallow, plus I was at the old house every day cleaning and getting the last of our things out, and rounding up the cats to bring over, so it didn't make it any easier seeing the house every day, and then leaving it to come here to the rental. In fact, typically whenever I was at the old house I was sobbing. The kids were always asking me "mommy, why are you sad?" Jadon would sometimes say "i'm going to miss this house" and I'd wonder what the heck we were doing selling our beloved house! But then we'd come back to the rental (which has a fenced big backyard) and the kids would immediately go outside and play and play and play, and I know we made the right decision to sell. After all, our biggest motivation for selling was to find a house with a bigger yard for the kids.
So now that I haven't been back to the house anymore, things are getting better. We are adjusting to life here, although I have no desire to cook anything or be in this kitchen at all! This town smells to high heaven, and I miss N. Albany and cant wait to get back!
The kids had no problem at all adjusting. A little surprising to me, I expected some minor problems at least. The cats? Well, Our black kitty had no problem adjusting. She seemed to figure it out right away, even had no problem with being in the carrier and in the car, and almost seemed to like it!
The other 2 disappeared for several days and I thought for sure they were gone, but then they showed up last night and were back again this morning for breakfast! I'm not sure where they went or what they were doing?
Now if we could only find a new house to buy!
No comments:
Post a Comment