I do realize its been over 2 weeks since my last post, and I actually have very good excuses this time!
Well last week Jadon started Safety Town at the Boys and Girls Club. He's loving that, and it continues through this week. I'll be glad when its done because its right in the middle of the day, and its in Corvallis, so its a lot of driving, and a lot of killing time while he's doing that.
But the biggest reason i've been away, most of you already know already. We're putting our house on the market! We've been trying to quickly get everything squared away with the house that needs to be done, so we can get it on the market ASAP. We've set a deadline for ourselves: the end of this week. We rented a storage unit, are moving out half of our stuff. We're getting a few minor repairs done. Our agent is paying to have a new entryway light installed to match the rest of our lighting, we just had to buy the light, which I bought last week, and it will be installed on Thursday!
To say we've been busy the last 2 weeks is an understatement.
We've looked at several homes. We're planning on staying in the area, but we're looking for a bit bigger, and a bit bigger yard. Here's our wish list:
- around 1800-2000 sq feet (we are currently just under 1400)
- Bigger kitchen
- A 4th bedroom, or den, spare room... anything that can be used as an office/craft room.
- .25+ acres... but nothing bigger than probably an acre at the very most.
Other than that, things that would be nice to have, but aren't a deal breaker are:
- single story
- laundry room
- pantry
- additional room for playing (playroom)
- 1 LESS toilet (currently, 3 toilets is a lot to clean, i wouldn't mind having just 2)
Derek and I have very different views of how this will all go. He seems to feel like the house will sell really quickly, and we'll find another place very quickly. He's also the optimist. I'm the pessimist, and I have horrible thoughts of the house being on the market for years, never selling, or we get an offer and the inspection comes through with major hidden problems that we had no idea about, or we sell the house, but then end up having to rent another house for years because we cant find another house we like........... yes, i've been doing a lot of fretting.
One way Derek and I are so different- he's a glass half full kind of guy, and i'm unfortunately a glass half empty kind of gal. Sometimes I think he's got his head in the clouds too much, and I think sometimes he thinks i've got my head stuck in a garbage can like Oscar the Grouch. He's always telling me to stop worrying and thinking so negatively and i'm always telling him to be realistic.. we never listen to each other. ;)
I hope and pray that it turns out the way Derek thinks it will, but I'm preparing for it to turn out the way I think it will.
So anyways, if you know of anyone who's looking for a house with an easy to manage yard, an open floor plan, nearly 1400 sq feet, 3 bedrooms, 2.5 baths, well maintained, dearly loved, a great first home or even a rental property, in North Albany, send them this way! Tell your friends friends friends! Not sure yet on a price, but we'll know by next week!
No comments:
Post a Comment