Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Breaking Point

I dont know how many of you have seen "Me, Myself, and Irene"... its a pretty vulgar movie. Its a comedy.  I dont know if i'd recommend it to anyone at this point.... in my younger days, that vulgarity (is that a word?) did not botherme, but it does now. 

Anyways, the movie is about a small town cop, who is a "nice guy," so nice that everyone takes advantage of him, and although he knows this, he turns the other cheek and doesnt say anything.  Until one day, he finds out that his wife is leaving him and their 3 kids for a midget that she has been cheating on him with.

After this, he reaches his breaking point, and after a few more incidents where people take advantage of him, he finally snaps. He suddenly develops a second personality, one that doesnt take being taken advantage of, and goes on a rampage getting people back when they do things to him. 

Anyways, sometimes I feel like i'm at my breaking point.  Some people in my life just make me want to scream profanity and put my head through the wall!  Instead, I keep my mouth shut.  I know lashing out at these people will not make the situation any better, even though i think it would feel sooooooooooo good to just go off on them!!!

James 1:2-4 says: "Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, 3 because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. 4 Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything."
Then later in verse 12 it says: "12  Blessed is the one who perseveres under trial because, having stood the test, that person will receive the crown of life that the Lord has promised to those who love him. "

I cannot tell you how often I am reminding myself of this!  Its strange that the people who make me go the craziest are actually in my life to make me a better person.  Seems like a cruel joke, but then again, would I really be able to learn and grow in a perfect world?  Probably not. God knows what He's doing.

Lord, please help me to remember that these impossible people you have placed in my life have been hand picked by You to help me grow as a person and in my faith. Help me to learn from these situations and persevere, for a day will come when they will have to answer to You.   Amen.

1 comment:

Mom said...

I hope it's not me that you are frustrated with !! I try not to be a pain!
Love ya