Saturday, June 26, 2010

Little Boys

Jadon just amazes me every day of his life with the things he says, and his "insight" on things.
A couple of weeks ago, he and I were sitting at the table eating lunch, and out of no where, he says "If mommy puts me into the washing machine.... I will turn into clothes..... and then she will fold me." (no, i've never threatened to put him in the washing machine!) ;) It cracked me up! He's just so cute!

He's growing up so fast. For Avery's babyshower, my mother-in-law gave us these 4 books, and they are just little books with a sentence or two on each page, and its "shared wisdom from the heart" on raising boys and girls. One is "Mother to Son", there's "Father to Son", "Father to Daughter", and "Mother to Daughter." Anyways, these books have great little tidbits in them, some of them funny, some of them tear-jerking. One night before Avery was born, Derek and I were laying in bed reading these books, sometimes blurting out a funny line here and there. And then when you get to the very last page of each of the books it says "let him go" or "let her go".... talk about tear jerking! That almost had both Derek and I in tears!
Anyways, I LOVE these little books, and have read them multiple times since getting them.

One of the lines in the "Mother to Son" book says "Teach him how to make a peanut butter sandwich. This could be his main source of sustenance for the next ten years of life." This could not be more true, at least for Jadon! I have made him a peanut butter and jelly (or honey) sandwich almost every day for lunch for the last year and a half or so! The only times he has different is when I make him something different for lunch, or if we go out for lunch.... but he requests PBJ for EVERY lunch!

I love my son!

1 comment: