Thursday, May 13, 2010

Birthday Eve

Well, this is it, the final day of my 20's! Seems so unreal... I dont really feel like i'm going to be 30. I've been dreading this day since my 29th birthday, knowing that it was my final year in my 20's. In some ways, I still feel like i'm 22. In other ways, 30 feels about right (like when i try to sit on the floor with my legs crossed for a little bit... my knees get sore.)

My 20's held lots of good (and some bad) memories, as i'm sure most peoples 20's do.
I met Derek (I take that back, I was 19 when we met), got married, gave birth to 2 kids and was pregnant 6 times, bought a house, bought a new car, bought an SUV, sold the SUV :(, got a new job, quit my job, went to Hawaii, went to Florida, and went on several other little vacations in Oregon and Washington, gained 45 pounds (baby weight not included...), lost 15 of those so far and still going! Thats all the major things I can think of.

My goal for my 30's: get in the best shape of my life, become a more confident person, make a good friend and be a good friend, decide what I want to be when I grow up (yes, I still dont know what I want to do with my life once my kids are in school.... been trying to figure that out for the last 10 years... surely my 30's will reveal it to me!), and MOST importantly, be the best mom and wife that I can be.
As far as material things... it would be nice to someday have a bigger vehicle, and a bigger house with more yard ;), and a couple of fun vacations with the kids for memories sake.

Goodbye 20's, you've laid a great foundation for me! Hellooooo 30's!

1 comment:

Autumn said...

Happy Birthday Alicia!!!

I too turn 30 soon... and I'm looking forward to growing older & smarter.

Your a terrific mom, a wonderful woman friend to have (in a long-distance-sort-of-way, lol). Derek is so lucky to have a woman as awesome as you. You were so BRAVE to have gone through the miscarriages and go on to have the cutest baby girl ever(!)

The 30s will be awesome.