Well life isnt slowing down at all, in fact I think its charging ahead full force and then some!
We've been busy, although not much going on. The kids keep us quite busy. They are both handfuls right now. Jadon's entered the completely-horribly-impossible-terrible 3's and wow does it get exhausting! I've decided that this summer (or spring... whenever its offered), i'm going to put him in a sport like baseball or soccer. Not for learning skills so much, but so that he can get out of the house, be around other kids, and burn off some energy.
Also, i'm going to enroll him in preschool for the fall. Derek's cousin found a really great preschool for her daughter to go to and told me about it, and it sounds fantastic. Its through a church, so they teach bible principles, the classes are small, and its about 2 miles down the road from us. We are going to go down and visit and sign up next week. I'm so excited, he really needs it now. He has recently started showing alot of interest in other kids, whereas before, he knew other kids were around but really didnt care. He's pretty shy around other kids, but please dont tell him he's shy. I'm shy and I really hate being "labeled" as shy... it really makes a person feel like they have a personality flaw, and I really want for him to be confident in who he is.
So, this weekend we are going to begin potty training, since he will have to be fully trained to go to preschool. Should be fun times..... that was sarcastic.
Avery... my my my... she's a handful herself. She has got a healthy (and I do mean HEALTHY) set of lungs and lets us know it for pretty much everything. She constantly wants to be held, and when we put her down she screams. Of course that doesnt stop us from putting her down. Especially during the day when I'm alone with both kids, I cannot (and will not) constantly hold her.... so, she does alot of screaming and crying on the floor. She's got quite the temper!!
She still isnt rolling over in either way (back to tummy or tummy to back), but she can sit unsupported by herself pretty good. She did roll over once the other day, but until she does it a few times, I dont qualify it as "rolling over."
She is eating some solids now, and really doing well and seems to really enjoy them. She eats rice cereal, oatmeal, green beans and squash. Tonight she tried carrots. Everytime we tried a new food with Jadon, he always made the most priceless looking grimaces, but Avery really doesnt make a face when she tries foods.
This weekend she tried prunes for the first time, and an hour and a half later she had a painful case of diarrhea and all the next day she had the worst gas (odorless, but very frequent) and was terribly cranky, so it could be a reaction to the prunes. I stopped the prunes right away, and i'll try them again in a week or so and see if she has the same reaction, and if she does then she could have a prune intolerance.
I've lost some more weight, and it seems to be continuing to go down steadily! So exciting!!! I guess thats why my sweatpants are starting to feel like they are going to fall off of me! Really, portion control seems to be all its taking at this point. I hope and plan to start exersizing as soon as I can... as soon as Avery gets on a schedule. Right now things are really pretty chaotic. Avery's been catnapping still, and Jadon's done with naps although he still has "quiet time" but its rare that I can coordinate her 30 minute nap with Jadon's quiet time. Theres just not enough hours in a day!
Dereks the same as usual. Nothing ever changes with him. He's the rock in our family :)
No comments:
Post a Comment