Sunday, January 31, 2010

2am

Thats the time that Derek and I have been getting to go to sleep for the last week. Miss Avery has decided that anytime before that is just not going to happen. And Jadon gets up probably 5 days out of the week in the middle of the night, and then again at 5 or 6 am. Needless to say, Derek and I are running on empty, and I can actually feel gray hairs growing out of my head, and wrinkles popping up on my face. Ok, not really, but what i'm trying to say is "i'm tired."

I dont know what goes wrong. She takes good naps for the most part during the day. But no matter how hard we try, we cant get her to stay asleep after putting her to bed, and by midnight, she's majorly overtired and screaming her lungs out. She's like a completely different baby at night than she is during the day. Her 4 month appt is coming up soon (yes, 4 months already!!) so if we are still having issues we're going to talk to the pediatrician.
She's lucky i'm so majorly in love with her, otherwise I might have sold her on Ebay or something! ;) Just kidding!

On a different note, I spent the evenings this week painting our masterbedroom. I picked a blue-toned gray color, and I had so much fun! I'm not real fond of painting, but I LOVE the end results, so it makes it totally worth it! It took all week to do it.... I only had about an hour every night, so I basically just did one wall at a time, then the next day I would put a second coat on and start another wall. I'm still not done... I have to do around the windows still, and around the ceiling, but other than that its all done. I'll post pictures when I get the room all painted and set up how I want it to be. I've been in the process for several months now of getting rid of basically anything we dont use, and any extra clutter. (HINT HINT mom!) :) So once I get it all organized i'll take pictures.
My next project is going to be our half bathroom downstairs, and i'm thinking that i'll be a little braver this time and go with a redish rusty color. If I dont end up liking it, its a small bathroom so it will be easy to repaint.

I am SOO ready for spring/summer. I have been dreaming about working out in the yard, pulling weeds and laying bark mulch, etc, and bascially making up for all the work I didnt do last year because of being pregnant (and tired and nauseated all the time.) I CANT WAIT! :)

7 comments:

Ryan & Jen said...

Well if you don't get your fill of yard work come Spring and Summer, we are going to have a lot of it to do. You are more than welcome to get hands dirty up here :)

Karla said...

Jennifer was like Avery when she was little. It was way to quiet at night so the doctor had us put a radio in the room with soft music. Thank goodness it helped, as like you I wondered what I was going to do before I paid someone to take her as I was exhausted.

Jane, Tom, and Charlie said...

Sleep ... ah yes... by my calculations... I get to do that for about 7 more weeks. . .
The offer still stands for the basement remodel! I will get all the permits! Just come on out and dig in! and Painting... you can do ALLLLLL the painting you WANT!

We Love you guys!

Dad, Jane, the wee tike, and of course... Charlie

Anonymous said...

Karla, Avery actually sleeps best now when its really quiet. When she was a newborn, she'd sleep through anything, but we're not that lucky anymore. :(

Mom said...

Hey....I like some of my clutter!

Anonymous said...

Mom, i'm referring to the clutter that you bring over to our house every week. ;) I'm not saying your house is cluttered.

Autie said...

No need sell the cherub or her cutesy brother on Ebay ;)

Sleeeep... Usually around 4 months I think there is a growth spurt, and then there is teething too... and of course... turning over/rolling/crawling gets their brains all in an uproar so they lose sleep trying to figure that out too. Good luck mama! I feel your sleepiness! Someones gotta give these kids a memo!