Sunday, October 4, 2009

labor induction

Well, I dont think the full moon is going to induce my labor tonight, but I may have just potentially triggered it on my own! Ok, probably not, but I wouldn't be surprised if it did!

I was in the garage putting away some groceries in the pantry.... one of the bags of groceries was full of bags of cereal, and had been sitting in the garage for awhile unemptied. Well tonight I was putting them away, and a spider was in the bag but I didn't know it. I pulled out a bag of cereal, and the spider was on the bag, and it dropped down from the bag and brushed my hand. Wasn't just any old spider... it was one of the big brownish/blackish ones that I am absolutely TERRIFIED of... and it was HUGE!!!!!!!!!!! When I saw it in the bag and realized what had just taken place, I flipped out, ran out of the garage hopping around like a jumping bean, shaking every limb on my body, squealing. Derek just stood and watched me for a minute. He knows of my intense fear of those kinds of spider, but I dont think one has ever actually touched me, so I don't know that he has ever seen me freak out quite that bad over one... to be honest, I dont know if I have ever had a reason to freak out that bad over one. Anyways, after feeling and seeing that spider, i felt like I could have ran a marathon in record time... I had so much adrenaline pumping through me, I didn't even realize I was hopping around like that, and for the first time in 9 months, I think I completely forgot that I was pregnant.... until Derek said "well that might get your labor started!"

No comments: