One more day until our big ultrasound, and i'm really excited!!!!!! I've been feeling less anxious lately, and I think its because I am feeling the baby moving alot more now. I think i've felt it every day for close to 2 weeks now, which is a huge relief. I still have my moments though. I woke up the other morning, and instantly felt horribly anxious (for no apparent reason.) Luckily the baby did a ton of moving around that day, so that helped put my mind at ease, as well as a listen on the doppler.
Things are really progressing. My belly is really starting to poke out, and its getting firm too rather than just fatty. I'm afraid i'm going to be GINORMOUS by the time I have the baby! I'm still getting nauseated occasionally, especially in the mornings after I eat cereal for breakfast.
I finally allowed myself to look at some baby stuff at the store the other day. It was the first time i've done that, i've been too afraid of jinxing myself.
My shots are going good... as good as a shot can be! ;) Derek is doing a really good job, and the last one he did I barely felt, although we both dread wednesday nights which is when I get the shots.
We bought Jadon a Big Brother book at Costco the other day. He sits very attentively through the book every time we read it. I hope he is understanding a tiny bit about whats going on, though i'm not holding my breath. We told him long ago that mommy has a baby in her belly, and now every morning he says "Listen to baby?" And we go have a listen with the doppler, then we listen to Jadon's heart, and then mommy's heart, and on weekends we listen to daddy's heart too. And Jadon sometimes lays his head on my belly to see if he can hear the baby, and he also talks to my belly saying "hi baby" and waves at it. I've also been explaining to him that the baby will be sharing his room with him, and his toys. I'm hoping that talking alot about the baby will help him transition better once the baby comes, and it wont be such a huge shock to him.
Well, not much going on here. We've been having alot of nice weather lately, so Jadon and I try to spend as much time outside as possible during the week. I'm SOOOOOOOO thankful for the good weather! I was getting to the point where I thought that Jadon and I were both going to lose our minds if we had to stay inside another day!
Well, I need to go get ready to go to bed. I need to try to get a good nights sleep tonight because I doubt that Monday night i'll do much sleeping.... too many excited nerves!! ;) Next time I post, i'll probably be announcing our baby's gender!
No comments:
Post a Comment