Has it really been a week since my last post???? Sheesh, time sure flies these days! Well, nothing much to report here.... Jadon has been keeping us very busy. He is such a busy body!
I'm still trying to think of what to do for Jadon's birthday. I made out a guest list, which is just our immediate families, and it brings us to 24 guests... 27 if you count Derek, Jadon and I. Of course I know everyone wont be able to come, but still... thats alot of people! I was thinking of just going to a pizza place for his birthday, but Derek says thats expensive. So I have a question for everyone... do you think it would be rude to ask everyone to pay their own way? I know in the past when we've gone to birthday parties and have had to pay our own way, I have turned my nose up at that, but then again, those were much smaller parties. Jadon's birthday only comes once a year, and I dont want to be total tightwads and not give Jadon a special day. I wasnt planning on anything extravagant.... probably no decorations, just a cake of some sort.
So what do you all think.... is it rude to ask everyone to pay their own way?? Honest opinions only please! :)
On a different note, I cant believe he is going to be turning 2 already!!!! It just blows my mind!!! We can certainly tell he is nearing 2... he's been throwing some good tantrums, having some major separation anxiety, and we are pretty sure his 2 year molars are on their way because he has been knawing on his entire hand and drooling all over. He is really learning things left and right now... its incredible!!!!!! He's saying several words at once.... and sometimes he'll say words that we didnt even know he knew!!! However, "fork" still doesnt sound like fork, and also "jammies" doesnt sound like jammies. ;) I mentioned before that we have been working on his colors.... but we arent having much luck with that. Everything is yellow according to him. He is really enjoying coloring and playing with stickers lately. He also enjoys running laps around the table, or running in a circle in the living room. Yesterday he was running in circles and saying "today." Over and over! ...he's been throwing things ALOT, and is very familiar with timeouts now. Mommy has become a bit of a softy.... something that neither Derek nor I thought I would be .... its just crazy how much that little boy melts my heart!! Especially now that he calls me mommy!! :)
2 comments:
Kids are always fun at one degree or another. There will always be something the do that makes you smile and sometimes even melt... BUT... Don't give in Mommy!!!! It is easier to be firm now and have the discipline established, than to find yourself struggling with them when they get older and defiant!
As for the Pizza party... I really don't think it is such a big thing to ask people to pay their own way! Especially when everyone seems to be tightening their financial belts. Just let them know that is how it will be. I would rather know up front.
PS. It sure would be nice to be there! but, we're still holding out to go see Dad a bit later.
We Love you!
Dad, Jane and Charlie
so this is late, but
No, it's not rude to ask ppl to pay their own way, totally acceptable!
and I would have never ever imagined you being a softy!! Nor would I imagine EVER Jadon needing a time-out. Maybe I'm out of touch with reality haha!
Post a Comment